Building a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it predominantly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a diversion but also brings about the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You might not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a gym partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and boost speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be concerned about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dust and wetness to some extent, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, securing them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!